To successfully obtain licensure at the end of the program, students must have legal residency, be agreeable to a background check, and have a valid social security number. All admission requirements must be received by the admission deadline or applications will be rejected or may be reviewed for the following entrance semester. Failure to follow the entire admission process will result in the application being rejected.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Must have a high school diploma or an equivalent
3. Must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing
4. Must submit ALL application requirements in their entirety to be considered for program entry
5. Must sign and concur with the application enrollment agreement (provided after interview if selected)
1. Prospective student must complete entrance application online or on paper and submit prior to due date
2. Prospective student must submit a nonrefundable application fee of $25
3. Prospective student must send request for official high school transcript or GED to be submitted to Healing Hands School of Massage
4. Prospective student must schedule and complete an admission interview with the school administration
5. Prospective student must pay a nonrefundable $250 deposit to hold place in program once accepted. The deposit will go toward overall tuition cost.
** Please note the school will charge a $35 fee for any returned check items **
Students will complete a total of 500 hours of in class study. Students will learn the history of massage and bodywork, uses for massage, advantages of massage and professionalism in the massage industry. Massage Theory, Anatomy & Physiology, Kinesiology, Ethical Issues, Legal Issues, and Contraindications of Massage will also be learned. Modalities learned will include Swedish Techniques, Deep Tissue Massage, Prenatal Massage, Infant Massage, Chair Massage, Reflexology, Hydrotherapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Body Wraps and Body Scrubs. All techniques learned will be practiced during student lab hours. Guest speakers who are experts in the field may be invited to share knowledge during class hours and field trips may be initiated to related practices in the field to further contribute to student learning. At the end of the program students will be able to sit for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) governed by the Massage Therapy Board